Announced for NAMM 2016 our newest amp: Goldfinger 54 Phi. Watch killer guitarist Owen Barry, from Tal Wilkenfeld's band, rip into a wide range of the 54 Phi's great tones.
Our newest amp, the Goldfinger 54 Phi, continues the success of our Goldfinger 45 and 90 amp line. For many players, an amp with one great highly musical channel is all they need. The heart & soul of our Goldfinger 54 Phi is a killer single channel amp, with key features that allow shaping of it’s tone, gain and feel. Go from raw and saggy tweed tones to glassy, shimmering blackface clarity plus harmonically rich chunky classic rock in a compact and easy to carry head or 1x12” combo.
The secret lies in the flexible tube array, EQ switches and foot switchable boosts. Goldfinger 54 Phi has two 6V6 plus two 6L6 tubes, and each set can be used by itself or combined. There is also a low power setting, which drops the wattage further, giving you even more control over the amps feel, compression and volume. All of these features give you lots of choices. Usage examples:
- Living room home practice use: 6V6 in low power, 9 watts
- Low volume small club gigs use: 6V6 in high power, 19 watts
- Medium volume gigs use: 6L6 in low power, 27 watts
- Medium volume gigs use: 6L6 and 6V6 tubes in low power, 33 watts
- Loud volume gigs use: 6L6 in high power, 58 watts
- Loud volume gigs use: 6L6 and 6V6 tubes in high power, 66 watts
Once you have decided on the power level you can shape the amps overall voice via the traditional tone controls, boosts and BAX EQ. With BAX engaged the amps tonal character dramatically shifts the tone stack architecture to a refined pure balanced EQ that is uniquely articulate and vintage in style.
Goldfinger 54 Phi also includes lush spring reverb and a tube buffered FX loop. There’s also an adjustable flat frequency response Line Out for routing IR speaker simulation software or running post FX for stereo bi-amping setups. For our 1x12” combo we use a Celestion Creamback 65 speaker housed in a pine cabinet for a lively vintage resonance. For superior clean tone and strength we utilize a 12 gauge aircraft grade aluminum chassis. The head weighs in at 31 pounds and 54 pounds for the combo, which is similar to the weight of a Deluxe Reverb.
The Goldfinger 54 Phi’s versatile sonic range goes from living room to stage, vintage to modern, raw to refined and could be considered the Golden Ratio of single channel amplifier design.
- Power Tubes - 2x 6V6 and 2x 6L6
- Preamp Tubes - 3x 12ax7
- Wattage range - 9 to 66 watts
- Loudness, Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence controls
- Bax EQ Switch - refined pure balanced vintage style eq
- Expand Switches - high and low EQ contouring
- Boost Switch - adjustable level, in front of preamp, foot switchable
- Solo Boost Switch - preset boost for a midrange punch, foot switchable
- FX loop - tube buffered, series, 3 step send level, adjustable return level, FX trails on/off, foot switchable bypass
- Line Out - adjustable line level output, flat frequency response
- Spring reverb - foot switchable
- 4 button foot switch included (reverb, FX, solo, boost)
- Speaker Output - 4, 8, 16 ohm
Weight and Dimensions:
- Head - 31 pounds, 17” W x 9.5” D x 8.25” H (9.75” H with handle and feet)
- 1x12” Combo - 54 pounds, 1” front angled taper from bottom to top: 21” W x 10.5” D bottom (9.5” D top) x 21” H (22.5” H with handle and feet)